Tuesday, December 22, 2009


I'm a mom. I will definitely be the first to admit that there are some days when I can't get anything right. The three year old is so three and won't listen to a damn thing you tell her. The cookies got burned all three times you tried baking them. The cat decided she was mad at you because her dish was empty and peed right on your good down comforter. The dishes seem to self-replicate overnight. You've changed four pairs of pee-pants today alone.

The shower is the only place you can hide. I mean, sometimes you can squeeze in a minute (like this one) where a bowl of Goldfish crackers and a Wow Wow Wubbzy DVD on Daddy's computer are enough to get you some peace and quiet. If only for a moment.

It's barely two more days 'til Christmas morning and I don't have my gift for my secret Santa finished, I haven't gotten the groceries for Christmas dinner (easy this year, just a big pot of my killer chili.) I haven't watched Love Actually yet and, uh, I'm reasonably sure that none of Ro's presents are wrapped.

However, I have baked a few batches of cookies that didn't burn, I did make about twenty salt dough ornament blanks that I've been painting with Ro and the rest of the family, the tree is up, and there's a glimmer of hope for snow after all.

Being home fo- ...ahem... ♫ I'll be home for Christmas... you can count on me... ♪
Being home this year is something I'm sure to be thankful for.
And especially ♫ dreaming of a white Christmas... ♪

No comments: