Sunday, December 21, 2008







I have spent much of this weekend in a state of rabid craftiness. This evening I plunked down and hand-sewed the miniature ring sling for Ro's babies, which is her final Christmas present- (I'm DONE! I just need to clean up the secondhand Melissa & Doug piano...) -and was inspired by this one from Nova Naturals. I love the fabric, I have to admit. I've also made myself a wallet out of it, in the past. It's very Art-Nouveau-Arthurian. Almost Pre-Raphaelite after a fashion.

In addition, between last night and this morning I made myself a garland for the mantle out of a scrap of cotton/angora yarn from a friend and the tons of felt balls I bought from this Etsy seller. I also grabbed together a ton of wooden letters and shapes, some vintage ribbon, buttons and scrapbooking paper, and made myself a "Yule". Is it a garland? A wall hanging? I don't know, but I stuck it up under the mantle, above the stockings. It looks a lot better in real life, I promise.

I also happened to Stumble Marilyn Scott-Water's Toymaker website. It would be great for someone with an older child, you could download them all to PDF and take them to Kinko's and have them printed on nice heavy stock, and then keep them in a folder somewhere for a rainy day!

Tonight I'm making raspberry jam thumbprint cookies... if I don't decide to fall asleep, first. It's Posie Gets Cozy's mom's recipe!

No comments: